Deciding to leave a gift to Wellbeing of Women in your will
There are many things to think about when deciding to leave a gift to charity in your will.
First and foremost you will want to make sure you take care of your family and loved ones; making sure that any gift you leave to charity does not affect your ability to provide for those you care about.
That's why you may wish to consider a gift that is a small percentage of whatever is left once your family and friends have been taken care of. This will also make the gift inflation proof, because the proportion of whatever you leave will remain the same over time. This means you may not have to update your will in the future.
Respecting your wishes is important and the best way to ensure that they are carried out is to seek appropriate professional advice when writing or updating your will, ideally from a solicitor.
If you do think you would like to leave a gift to Wellbeing of Women we can promise you:
If you would like to talk to someone at the charity about giving a gift in your will, please call 020 7772 6400 and ask for Liz or Martin.
- We will always respect your privacy. Your will is personal to you
- We will always respect the fact that your family and loved ones come first
- We will recognise it is your decision and that you need to make it in your own time
- We understand that it's up to you to tell us you've left a gift but you don't need to do so and we won't keep asking you
- If you do choose to tell us we will consult you about how you'd like us to talk to you in future about our work
- We will give you and your family as much choice as possible about how the gift is used
- We will use your gift (as we do will all our donations) carefully and cost effectively to make the greatest difference
- That at any time in the future you have the absolute right to change your mind
- We will handle whatever gift you leave us efficiently and with care, sensitivity and respect